Re: Incorrect password Debian 10.8 after installation

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 06:26:22PM -0800, David Christensen wrote:
>         *Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-9-amd64
>          Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 4.9.0-9-amd64 (recovery mode)
>
> 5.  Press the down arrow key to select the "... (recovery mode)" boot entry.
> Press 'e' to edit it.
[...]

> 1.  How do I make a copy of a boot entry?  (So that I can edit the copy and
> keep the original.)

The changes you make to the GRUB boot entry are one time only.  They're
not saved anywhere; they're only passed to the current instance of the
kernel.

> 2.  How do I insert a tab character with the GRUB editor?  (Pressing <Tab>
> causes the editor to attempt command completion.)

Why would you want to?

My best guess is that you think you want to because you think you're
making a permanent change that you'll have to look at again in the
future and you want it to be pretty.  This is not the case.  All you're
doing is adding some new words to a list of parameter words.

> 3.  Will changes made to a boot entry with the GRUB editor persist for
> subsequent boots?

No.