Re: running microsoft team on debian 10.3

Hello,

ke 9. jouluk. 2020 klo 15.55 Yoann LE BARS (yoann@le-bars.net) kirjoitti:

Hello everybody out there!

On 2020/12/09 at 1:57 pm, Carl Fink wrote:
> You have to know the vocabulary.
>
> They say that "window" sharing is not available. "Screen" sharing is.
> That is, you can't share a specific application, but you can share your
> entire screen.

        Regardless of the vocabulary, I have hit several times the screen
sharing button, nothing ever happened.

        Now, to be honest, this is one of the annoying thing about Microsoft
Teams, it is the kind of application that make you waste time rather
than saving time.

I mainly using Fedora and the native client works OK for sharing the screen and also for audio.

Concerning your point not to use MS - like other proprietary programs - I agree with you in principle.
However, in practice I have no choice: since Corona I have to use Teams on my work, and technically Teams works surprisingly good and seams to be actively supported.

Salut,
Roland

        Best regards.

--