Re: Disable touchpad completely in KDE

Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'm trying to work out where I can disable the touchpad completely in KDE.
> I can seem to do it when certain devices are plugged in, but there doesn't
> seem to be a way to make it always off.  I've got a trackpoint and the
> touchpad just exists to get in the way.

If your system is using xinput:

xinput will tell you about the I/O devices you have, giving you
numbers.

xinput list followed by one of those device numbers will give
you lots of output, so you can be sure you've got the right one.

xinput disable followed by that device number should, in fact,
disable it.

Let us know if you aren't using xinput.

-dsr-