Re: Re: USB controller resets when burning CD

I now have a workaround for my problem with the Teac W5000U DVD drive
and 64 bit computer. Was somewhat hard to find, but I obtained a USB
controller card new enough to be PCI express but old enough not to
support USB 3.0. So far, have not suffered any more controller resets.

The card uses the ehci rather than xhci drivers. This suggests but does
not prove some sort of incompatibility between the DVD drive and xhci.
Since xhci is what everyone is supposed to be using these days, this
qualifies more as a workaround than a solution. But it is good enough
for me. Thanks all of you for your suggestions.