Re: Debian 10 installer using serial output

Thanks for you fast response, John.
This helped a lot.

> If you see the option the Debian installer page (Graphical install',
> 'install', 'install with speatch') press escape use the below at the
> boot prompt

Here was the problem. I do not see those options. The output waits
after 'ISOLINUX 6.04 20190226 EHDD'.

In retrospective it seems quite obvious since the installer does not
yet know how the serial settings are.

The fact that I had connected a keyboard with a Swiss german layout did
not help either. But imagining using a US keyboard worked.

The 'vga=none' part seems to be important too. Otherwise I received
"Undefined video mode number: 314"

Although after the installation finished and I booted into the newly
installed system. I get the error message:

vga=none is deprecated. Use set gfxpayload=text before linux command
instead. error: unrecognized number.
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Press any key to continue...

Therefore I used the following as the install options after hitting ESC:

install console=ttys0,115200n8 gfxpayload=text

Thanks again a lot for your quick and competent reply.

BR,
Ramon