Re: The nightmare of Intel Integrated GPUs under Linux in general and Debian in particular

> I think it is important to find the appropriate kernel version for your
> system - the one that has all the bits and bolts for your hardware. I doubt
> I will move to newer kernel. This one seems to have all the fixes at least
> for the hardware I am using now and especially the gpu part. I also had
> freezes few years ago and followed the kernel releases until 4.9.25.

That makes me wonder: What is the right way to do that in Debian? In
stable releases there is no way to use another kernel except from
backports (and they are newer, not older). And in testing / unstable
the kernels disapears as new kernels get into. How to install and keep
an old kernel in a new instalation?

Thanks