Re: how to create debian live usb

On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 4:44 PM Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi,

kaye n wrote:
> it seemed ok, but this is what gparted is showing:
> First partition is a mere 2.88MB FAT32 partition.  The rest is unallocated
> partition, 14.43gb. Obviously it failed again.

Not necessarily.
As said, the partition editors hate the isohybrid partition layout.

Use fdisk for inspection, if you are curious.

Just try whether it boots, if you just want to run the Live system.

Hi friends, just wanted to let you guys know that I've successfully installed:

debian-live-10.2.0-amd64-xfce+nonfree.iso

on my laptop computer.

It seems Thomas Schmitt is right about partition editors not working well with isohybrid partition layout; GParted was showing me that I had failed in creating a live USB, but I really did not, it booted and installed just fine.

I think I used fdisk to format the flash drive, then I used the cp command to write the isohybrid to flash drive.

It seems all is well now except for printing.

I'll create another thread for it.

Thank you for your time!