Re: external drive

On Monday 02 December 2019 10:43:49 Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Lu, 02 dec 19, 05:35:33, Mark Allums wrote:
> > exfat support is not necessary in the card reader.  All readers
> > support exfat if they support the size of sd/microsd card that comes
> > preformatted to exfat.  You need filesystem support in your OS of
> > choice.  That is all.
>
> Just in case it's not obvious, if you manage to access the card (e.g.
> in a different reader) you can erase / overwrite / reformat is as
> needed with the usual tools (dd, cp, mkfs.ext4, etc.)
>
> The exFAT tools are only needed if you plan to use the card formatted
> as exFAT, which I'm guessing you don't actually want.

Not really, since the first such write is normally an iso, but I can't
even do that. Unless the first one I tried, was truly a defective u-sd.
That is a possibility as I just discovered a samsung card labeled sd XCI
that did work. But you have to get out a 16mm projection lens to read
that, its really teeny.

Thanks Andrei

> Kind regards,
> Andrei