Re: external drive

On Monday 02 December 2019 05:50:29 rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, December 02, 2019 04:51:01 AM Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I have since discovered that they are already installed on this
> > stretch install, but man pages seem to be on missing list. Example:
> > gene@coyote:~$ man exfat-fuse
> > No manual entry for exfat-fuse
> > gene@coyote:~$ man exfat-utils
> > No manual entry for exfat-utils
> > gene@coyote:~$ man exfat
> > No manual entry for exfat
>
> Try googling for those man pages, then read them online.  (Perhaps
> they won't be fully Debian specific, but should be a help.
>
> I found:
>
> https://www.systutorials.com/docs/linux/man/8-mount.exfat-fuse/

I did find this one, and it looks simple enough. Unprintable because of
all the advertising screwing up the manpage formatting.  Looks as if its
part of the mount.family of commands, but the mount command itself
doesn't mention it.

Thank you rhkramer, now I know where it is in man 8.  But this box is
running on swap, which redefines slow.

> There are presumably others (I didn't really scan the google results).

Probably.  Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis