Re: Installation problem

Thomas D Dial composed on 2019-09-14 13:30 (UTC-0600):

> As a first "next step" I suggest the following:

> When you see the "Debian page" - that is the Grub boot menu - press the
> 'e' key. This will present the boot control instructions for the default
> boot into your Linux in a form you can edit using the arrow keys to move
> the cursor, backspace to erase, and normal keys to add things.

> Locate the line beginning "linux." This probably has the word "quiet" at
> or near the end, which prevents display of normal boot messages that do
> not report serious problems; erase it and press control-x or the F10 key
> to continue the boot.

> You should see messages as the system boots and initializes Linux. The
> last of them are likely to provide information about the reason the
> system initialization does not complete. They may be self explanatory,
> but if not, you can post them here and they may help others to provide
> additional assistance.

As a second step, if above seems minimally or un- helpful, after removing quiet,
append a space, then the string

	nomodeset

which is primarily a troubleshooting parameter, also for enabling repairs,
explained among other places at:
<https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Nomodeset:_Work_Around_Graphic_Upgrade_&_Installation_Obstacles>

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/