Re: odd passwd problem.

On Saturday 03 August 2019 10:12:59 Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> On Sb, 03 aug 19, 09:57:27, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Saturday 03 August 2019 07:08:08 mick crane wrote:
> > > I would probably add another user and see if they have same
> > > problem on the local machine.
> >
> > I'd thought of that but not tried it yet. I'll need a user amanda
> > who is a member of group backup for the backup program amanda.  So
> > I'll use that as a guinea pig.
>
> I wouldn't mess with users needed by packages. Why not just create a
> 'test' user or something?
>
> > Or will I? copy/paste from konsole logged in as gene:
> >
> > gene@picnc:~$ sudo adduser
> > [sudo] password for gene:
> > adduser: Only one or two names allowed.
> > gene@picnc:~$
>
> I'm guessing 'adduser' needs at least a name for the new user ;)

Ac the manpage, correct. And I didn't give it a name, so it picked the
only error answer it had. Really helpfull, NOT!

So I repeated from here, adding a "test" user, went out and tried it
there, worked, once, now we wait 15 minutes to see if it times out.
test of course doesn't have sudo rights, so is of questionable utility.

> Kind regards,
> Andrei
Thanks Andrei

Cheers, Gene Heskett