Re: pmount could perhaps be of greater utility?

On Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 17:52, Erik Christiansen wrote:

[...]

> mounts vfat OK, but the "label" argument, now third, is ignored despite
> being compliant with the manpage. So it falls back to mounting on
> /media/sdb1 in a most wilful manner:

And I probably should have read your post more carefully before
replying.  Even if there is an equivalent to e2label for vfat, it
wouldn't be of much use from what you say here.

No worries!

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50 & org 9.2.3 on Debian buster/sid