Re: systemd: how to start a service (kea DHCP4) after all network interfaces are up?

Sven Joachim, 16.3.2019 21:11 +0100:

> On 2019-03-16 19:20 +0100, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
>
>> John Doe, 16.3.2019 14:18 +0100:
>>
>>> If your interface is configured by 'systemd', you could try:
>>>
>>> $ systemctl enable systemd-networkd-wait-online
>>
>> Thanks, but no, my network configuration is done through
>> /etc/network/interfaces. Therefore this won't help.
>
> Try "systemctl enable ifupdown-wait-online.service" then.
> See bug #912112[1].

Thanks for the info! But alas, since I'm on stretch, it isn't that
easy, since the ifupdown package there provides neither the
ifupdown-wait-online.service file nor the wait-online.sh script.
I've downloaded the .deb for buster and tried to extract the relevant
files from there and install them on my system, but I didn't manage to
get that working in a way that the DHCP server was kept from starting
too early.
Due to the lack of time I'll refrain from trying to find out what I may
have done wrong. And since there seems to be no out-of-the-box solution
for this problem on stretch anyway, I'll stick to my ugly workaround for
now and hope this will be sorted out in buster.

That said, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

--
Regards
  mks