Re: mailing list vs "the futur"

On 28/08/2018 15:27, Michael Stone wrote:
I will not bother to reply to the rest of the long discussion of usenet, since I don't want to be accused (again) of "incorrectly" talking about usenet instead of NNTP by someone who wrote a long message about usenet.

Note that I could not refute your apparent conflation of Usenet and NNTP without writing about Usenet. Admittedly, I also got drawn into a side-discussion of Usenet history with you.

Anyway, I agree that it is difficult to remember who said what (or, perhaps more importantly, *why* they said it) when a thread gets as convoluted as this one.

We can agree to agree about that which we agree about, and to disagree about that which we disagree about. :-)

--
Mark Rousell