Re: a dh keys question?

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 17:49:52 -0400 (EDT)
Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net> wrote:

> Hi
> just putting my answer at the top.
> My client does have a log option, will aim for that.  still again my
> first priority is finding a place to test  with a nonstandard port.
> then I can be sure  it really is all about port 22 and 21.
> Kare

Do you have access to the client's router? If not, can you ask someone
who does to forward a high port to 22? This is the simplest way of
running sshd on a non-standard port and does not interfere with its
operation on 22. sshd doesn't care about this kind of redirection.

> On Tue, 31 Jul 2018, Dan Ritter wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 01:01:31PM -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> >> Hi again,

> >>  Otherwise I
> >> just get a repeat of the same conversation, we do not support your
> >> operating system.

"I'm not paying you to support my operating system, I'm paying you for
a functional Internet connection."

Having said all that, I've often lost contact with an ssh server, but
never seen this kind of error, just a 'timed out' message.

--
Joe