Re: Brightness at 100% after every reboot.

On 06/18/2018 06:33 PM, Piotr wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:24:11 +0900
> likcoras <likcoras@riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> You may try looking into the systemd-backlight@*.service, see if it's
>> starting properly on your system or if it prints any errors while it
>> starts.
>
> Strange thing that I see more than one backlight service starting.
> Should I have both of them running? Why do they appear twice in the
> journalctl? Could this be a source of issue?
>
> Also I do not see the errors in the logs.

This is from the arch wiki[1], it seems the suggestion is to mask one of
the services. On my system, intel_backlight is the only one active and
it works well, so I suggest masking the samsung one with something like:
systemd mask systemd-backlight@backlight\:samsung.service

If that doesn't work, try the other way around, unmask samsung and mask
intel_backlight.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Backlight#systemd-backlight_service