Re: Very light "private" cloud

Only thing I can vouch for is syncthing, which is a little more setup but worth it. You don't get a webGUI to actually view and download files though, only to manage clients.

So it kind of depends on your use case - what is device A and what is device B that people want to sync between? Is it a laptop and phone? Do you need online login?

Another one I have tried is Seafile, but it needs a DB (but it does do SQLite...). It had fewer features back when I used it, but it was focused heavily on file sharing which was nice. I like it more than nextcloud for performance.