Re: at based alarm.

On Sat, 10 Feb 2018, peter@easthope.ca wrote:

Given a file named wake containing this script, an alarm can be started with at.
 at -f wake 6:30
How can the xterm be started with std{in,out,err} connected there?

Thanks,     ... Peter E.

By the way, it looks to me that the shell interpreter you invoke
here...

#!/bin/sh

...is not bash, but probably dash. Is it your intent to call bash
instead?

xterm
input=""

I ask about your intent above because this next line...

until [[ $input != "" ]] ; do

...employs the new-fangled Korn shell/Bash conditional test '[[',
instead of the old-fangled test builtin '['.

During a brief search of the dash man page, I didn't find any mention
of '[['. Just '['.

 echo Beginning until loop.
 /usr/bin/play /home/peter/ring.wav
 read -n 1 -t 4 input