Re: [OT] debian (or debian like) terminal program for android

On 02/10/18 14:09, John Hasler wrote:
Harry writes:
Can anyone tell me if there is a serious terminal program for android
phones?

I mean a full OS and the basic commands.  Especially I'd like to have
ssh and scp among them.

You don't want a terminal program.  You want a terminal program plus a
shell plus a full set of standard Unix command line programs.

+1

Back in the day, I had a Samsung phone with Android 2.2.1 phone. It definitely had a Linux feel, especially when I installed Scripting Layer for Android (SL4A) and Perl (other languages also available):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scripting_Layer_for_Android

https://github.com/damonkohler/sl4a

I suggest looking for an Android developer community and learning what those people do with their Android devices. Along the way, you might want to set up a computer with the Android development tool chain.

David