Re: apt-get changelog is unsuccessful, but changelog exists

On Sat, 5 Nov 2016, Brian wrote:
On Sat 05 Nov 2016 at 19:06:49 +0000, davidson@freevolt.org wrote:

Running...

  $ apt-get changelog UPGRADEABLE_PACKAGE

...on a wheezy system pointed at these sources...

  $ grep '^deb ' /etc/apt/sources.list
  deb http://debian.univ-lorraine.fr/debian/ wheezy-updates main
  deb http://debian.univ-lorraine.fr/debian/ wheezy main
  deb http://debian.univ-lorraine.fr/debian/ wheezy-backports main
  deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main

...frequently fails to do what I expect.

A recent example:

[Snipped]

It's quite amazing what people expect to be supported on this list.

The occasional surprise keeps the humors in balance. Happy to help.

Wheezy is an unsupported distribution, just like hamm, etch, potato etc.
Irrespective of whether it was thought to be wonderful in its day it is
now moribund apart from LTS.

We seem to have different understandings of what LTS stands for.

Interesting.

Discard it; let it disappear into history.

No thank you. Asking questions is something I like to do from time to
time. Formulating them in the first place helps me to identify what I
have learned, and what I remain ignorant of.

Answers, when available, are icing on the cake.

(Also, would it not be a shame if there were no users to enjoy the
fruits of the debian LTS team's continuing efforts?)

Now, if the OP had said "I observe the same behaviour on jessie and
stretch" that might be interesting.

I maintain a jessie system as well, and I do not recall observing this
behavior there.

I find the difference interesting. To each his own.

If he doesn't, it drops off the radar. We are at the beginning of a
freeze. Those who expect support for Wheezy are pushing the
envelope.

I've made no demands; I've registered curiosity. I expect replies only
from those who wish to satisfy it.

It is not inconcievable to me that some subscribers to this list might
be willing and able to do so.

One way or another, we will find out.

 apt-get changelog mutt

works very nicely on jessie, incidentally.

Yes, that is my experience as well.

I remain curious about the behavior on wheezy.

Take care, Brian.