Re: Installing jessie on laptop from usb live iso

Ok. First things first, I have been able to setup a new usb for netinst. But, for future reference on this issue...

Yes, this happens before setting up mirrors

Also, trying to use the installer from boot menu instead of within live image gave the same type of error, just much faster.

As far as contents of the sources.list, the deb cdrom line that commonly needs commented out was not there. Sources.list.d was empty.

My only solution was to get netinst.iso, and then run the # cp debian.iso /dev/sdX command followed by # sync, which was highly finicky as it did not want to run correctly or recognize host, but it did eventually work.

Now of course my netinst gui installer is telling me bad archive mirror now matter which one i chose lmao.

On Thursday, May 5, 2016, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
* Ralph Sanchez <rwsanchez3@gmail.com> [2016-05-05 03:17 -0400]:

> Update: like i said, i am running from the install from within the Live
> boot from usb. I configured network, partitioning, etc and got to
> installing system. Bar is about 95 percent full and says retreiving file 1
> of 2 when it switches to a windows saying ::    /media/cdrom/:Please insert
> the disc labeled: 'Debian GNU/Linux 8 _jessie_-Official Snapshot amd64
> LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20160402-2159' in the drive '/media/cdrom/' and press
> enter.

Can you post the contents of /etc/apt/sources.list ?

Elimar
--
  Obviously the human brain works like a computer.
  Since there are no stupid computers humans can't be stupid.