Re: running Linux without display

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016, John Hasler wrote:

Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 09:00:10
From: John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: running Linux without display

Jude DaShiell writes:
It's possible to install talkingarchlinux http://talkingarch.tk/
without a screen and continue to use it without a screen once
installation is finished.  That version of linux is rather unique in
this respect.  Could it be generally a linux install bug in cases
where no display is attached a dummy package of some type is not
automatically installed to cover that case?

Is it that you are trying to install Debian on a machine with no
monitor, or that you are trying to install The X Window System on a
machine with no monitor?

I figure to go at this first with a basic screen reader accessible debian install then install xfce or mate and get orca operational in that environment. The machine taking the install has good memory and its video connector is one for which I have no cable now. I normally hit s at the boot prompt and do a debian install that way first that way I'm assured of a good command line installation no matter what happens with the graphical user interface environment.