Re: Attempt to Move Root

Le septidi 7 nivôse, an CCXXIV, Pascal Hambourg a écrit :
> I repeat : the point is not MBR/MSDOS vs GPT. It is that the GRUB
> installer handles *specially* one type of partition which exists only in
> GPT style : "BIOS Boot" aka "bios_grub".
>
> Are you talking about the installer code run by grub-install or the
> bootloader code ? I am not aware that the installer code can handle any
> partition type other than the above type in the same way.

I am talking about the installer, of course. The algorithm used is:

1. embed in the disk if possible, otherwise:
2. embed in the filesystem if possible, otherwise:
3. write in a file and print a warning.

It seems that no options are present to control this finely, which means it
will try to use the first method that works, but all the infrastructure is
there.