Re: Recovering data from a Raid 1Sata HD

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI composed on 2015-12-23 07:41 (UTC-0300):

> Given a Sata HD that was part of a RAID1 array on a now defunct Wheezy
> system.

> Is there a way to mount it on another Wheezy system to recover the data ?

> I have tried to mount it, and get

> root@ron:/home/ron # mount -t ext4 /dev/sdi9 /media/eSata
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdi9,
>        missing codepage or helper program, or other error
>        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>        dmesg | tail  or so

A RAID1 partition normally cannot be mounted as an sdX# device.

> What file type should I give for the -t param of mount ?

> Or do I have to first create a (failed) array with mdadm ?

It's probably enough to see what /dev/md* device(s) got created when you
attached it and mount an/the appropriate md device. The dmesg tail may give a
clue.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/