Re: Incorrect group on /dev/fd0? "disk" vs "floppy"

On Wed, 2015-12-16 at 22:09 +0100, Anders Andersson wrote:
> Believe it or not, but I still have a floppy disk drive in my
> workstation, and I have to use it occasionally! I just noticed that
> my
> user was not allowed to write to /dev/fd0 even though it belongs to
> the group "floppy". I found that /dev/fd0 belongs to the group
> "disk",
> and I don't think it should. Granting a user the ability to write to
> floppies is not nearly as dangerous as allowing it to write to
> everything in the "disk" group.
>
> The problem is that I don't know enough about the system to know
> where
> to report this. Presumably some component in systemd detects this at
> startup. This particular system is running Debian Testing. Can anyone
> point me in the right direction?

I don't think systemd uses the groups at all. Usb sticks are are in the
disk group here too, and I have no trouble writing to them as a normal
user.

There's a (quite long) bug report about this here, but it seems to be
for systems without systemd:

Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson
http://www.whiz.se