Re: [OT] Soliciting Advice on e-mail and web-hosting providers

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 09:49:47AM -0500, Stephen Powell wrote:

> So I am looking for a good e-mail provider and a good web-hosting provider.
> For the e-mail service I want a provider that has good protection against
> backscatter SPAM, provides a web-based e-mail client, and does not force
> me to view tons of ads in order to get to their web-mail client.  I want
> all transmission of credentials, particularly passwords, passed between
> the client and the server, to be encrypted, not sent across the network
> in clear text, where a sniffer operating in promiscuous mode could intercept
> them.  I also want the e-mail provider to work well with Debian mailing
> lists.  (I have heard, for example, that when gmail users post to a list
> to which they are subscribed they do not receive copies of their own posts.)

I strongly recommend Fastmail. Although I don't agree with all
of their technical decisions, they run a very competent ship.
Prices are not bad, and they take security seriously.

-dsr-

--
https://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.
                there is no justice, there is just us.