Re: apt-get error messages

On 12/05/2015 08:56 PM, Myscelus wrote:
> On 12/05/2015 08:55 PM, Klaus Jantzen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> due to a typing error - I wanted to say 'dpkg --add-architecture i386'
>> but wrote 'i368' -
>> I get the following error messages when running apt-get update:
>>
>> <msgs>
>>
>> W: Failed to fetch
>> http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/dists/vivid/Release
>> Unable to find expected entry 'contrib/binary-i368/Packages' in Release
>> file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
>>
>> W: Failed to fetch
>> http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/debian/dists/wheezy-updates/Release
>> Unable to find expected entry 'main/binary-i368/Packages' in Release
>> file (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)
>>
>> W: Failed to fetch
>> http://security.debian.org/dists/wheezy/updates/Release  Unable to find
>> expected entry 'main/binary-i368/Packages' in Release file (Wrong
>> sources.list entry or malformed file)

>> </msgs>
>>
>> Where is the information for these erroneous requests stored?
>> How can I remove it?
>
> dpkg --remove-architecture i368

That seems to have done something.
At least the messages shown above disappeared when I said

dpkg --remove-architecture i368
apt-get update

But I cannot add the correct architecture:

dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get update
dpkg --print-architecture

just shows me 'amd64'.
'apt-get update' seems to have found some i386 packages
but the second architecture is not printed out.

--

K.D.J.