Re: lvm: creating a snapshot

John Holland <jholland@vin-dit.org> writes:

> I think you can pipe output of dd on the source to netcat, going to a netcat  on the destination  machine which is piped to dd going to a device or file on that machine.

Hm, assuming that the volume group resides on /dev/sda3, I would have
something like 'dd if=/dev/sda3 ...'.  That would read the partition
rather than the volume group, and I'm not sure whether that would be the
same or not in this case:  How would I restore from such a backup?

--
Hallowed are the Debians!