Re: Advice needed re TV internet media machine.

On 07/05/2014 05:45 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Saturday 05 July 2014 22:32:25 Ric Moore wrote:
On 07/05/2014 03:39 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
Loads of people have streaming Internet.  It must be possible.  And yes,
once I hace a box that is adequate, I may need to do something with my
network.

Will XBMC do the job with your hardware?? If it will run, then running
it as a dedicated server-only might be the ticket. You'd be minus a lot
of other overhead, given the smallish amount of memory you mentioned. Ric

No, not this specialized application of it.  I think that my homework was just
inadequate.  As I said, I have come to the conclusion that I really need a
computer, but I was hoping for some advice on specs.  I really can't keep
buying doorstops, but to buy e.g. an £800.00 machine when a £250.00 one would
do the job would be ridiculous.  I don't want to massively over-kill.

Amazon sells Prime.  Someone must be able to use it on something.

http://www.howtogeek.com/113491/how-to-get-hulu-and-amazon-video-on-xbmc/

Ric