Re: Create backup of system-connections on a USB stick

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstuckle@attglobal.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Sent: Monday, June 2, 2014 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: Create backup of system-connections on a USB stick

> The only one who has wasted his time is Andrew.  Maybe you didn't like  his answer - but your question was not at all clear.

My question as stated in my original post is very clear. I even provided the full path of the folder that I wish to back up.

> It is obvious you have no experience with Linux and expect the people on this list to help you with every little nuance for free.

That is wrong judgment on your part. I have been using mailing lists and forums for help for more than 4 years now. If I can get help here, I count myself lucky. If I don't, I just move on to other forums. This Debian mailing list is NOT the only one in the world wide web.

> They are NOT here to provide you with basic training on Linux (or any other OS or products, for that matter).

I don't think you can speak for the rest of the volunteers on this mailing list. I have encountered some volunteers on other forums who, from the largesse of their hearts, guide me EVERY step of the way. And you know what, their answers received so many positive ticks that they became notes for reference.

> You need to do something which I think is completely foreign to you  - take responsibility for your lack of knowledge.

Again you are judgmental. How do you know I don't take responsibility for my lack of knowledge?

> Get a good book on Linux and learn the basics.
> You might also find decent tutorials on the internet.  Books are also a good resource.

People learn things differently. Some only have to pick up a book and they can apply whatever is in it to work. Others like me learn stuff as we encounter "roadblocks".

> But if you expect this list to provide you with all the basics of using Linux, you are looking in the wrong place.

As I stated earlier, this mailing list is NOT the authoritative resource/repositiory of Debian knowledge. Luckily there are thousands of forums and mailing lists for people interested in Linux/Debian/Ubuntu, etc...

If I don't get the answers I need here, I just move on. It's that elementary.

> So take some personal responsibility for a change.

Please stop talking down to me. You are not President Obama, George Bush, Queen E. or the Pope of Rome.

By the way, did you know that you have wasted your time on me?