Re: Sawfish and Openbox: was fastest linux distro

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:59 PM, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 31 May 2014 08:51:13 -0400
> Tony Baldwin <tony@tonybaldwin.info> wrote:
>
>> Sawfish and openbox, even metacity would fit in this last "just
>> manages windows" category, and, in fact, don't even include a panel,
>> which I think JWM has by default.
>
> You're just the person I need to talk to, Tony. Right now I've switched
> over from Xfce to Openbox, and like it. Except for one thing: the fonts
> look a whole lot worse on Openbox, and I have very bad vision, so this
> isn't aesthetics: It affects the speed at which I work. Do you know of
> a way to make fonts on Openbox look like the ones on Xfce?

Install the obconf package if you haven't already.  It's an easy to
use preference manager for Openbox.  You can adjust fonts and sizes
there, along with themes and other stuff without needing to edit
config files.

# apt-get install obconf

Hope this helps!

--