Re: BD-R and wheezy

On 04/09/2014 02:32 PM, Kevin Price wrote:
> Is there an easy way to burn BD-R on wheezy? I met a guy at a LUG that wanted to try linux but he lives out in the middle of nowhere and has 56k. Since I have cable, I downloaded the Blu Ray images using jigdo. I am having a lot of trouble burning them to disk. I tried basero, but that gives the error that the disk isn't supported. Is there a way to get this working?

I've burned several Blu-Rays with growisofs.  I ran it as root on Lenny.

#growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd5=blurayImage.iso

It completed with a message about "CLOSE SESSION failed", but it
didn't seem to matter.  Note that /dev/dvd5 should be your own device
name, and blurayImage.iso should be your own iso image.

Mark Neyhart