Re: Maildir ext4 slowness

On Ma, 08 apr 14, 22:47:05, Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> Of late, I've observed that folders with over 1000 messages seem quite
> slow to respond (order of 3-4 seconds), which wasn't really happening
> in the old days when I was using mboxes.

I get at most 2-3 seconds with 12000+ messages Maildirs :)

Following settings might help:

# This speeds up mutt especially with large folders
set header_cache=~/.cache/mutt/header/
unset header_cache_compress
unset maildir_header_cache_verify
set message_cachedir=~/.cache/mutt/message/
set read_inc=500

More details about them in muttrc(5).

> I prefer Maildir since I can use notmuch to index my mails easily.

Yep.

Kind regards,
Andrei