How to assign a persistent device name to an infra-red receiver?

Hi there

I have configured lirc to use /dev/input/event4 but it turns out this device
name is assigned to a different input device every time the computer boots,
thus preventing lirc from working properly.

For example, right now the receiver is on /dev/input/event5.  I guess I have
to write a udev rule for this but when I look at
/lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-input.rules I am a little confused.  Do I
have to modify this file directly, copy it to /etc/ and edit that copy, run
some script...?

Regards.