Re: how to configure pulseaudio to use analog speaker on motherboard not hdmi on video card

On 09:58 Sat 04 Jan     , Klaus wrote:
> On 03/01/14 20:50, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> > ok so now we are ok
> > vlc file.wmv works immediately
> > Anyway, now no problem!!! I get beautiful sound right up when I start the
> >
> > So I guess I could have just turned off speech-dispacher in rc2.d
> > I guess the myseql thing is weird, but does seem to affect sound..
> > what is your take on this matter?
> >
> > Mitchell
> >

> Mitchell, that was quite a radical cure, removing most of (?) KDE.

I like to have fun with my box. Even though it is my main computer.
However, i should be more careful: debian weather has been down for a week or two
so I have no idea how badly  broken sid is these days
and I may be boxing myself in to a corner....

> Anyway, if it now works for you... Here are a couple of bugreports
> against speech-dispatcher that match your issues:
>  #625235  speech-dispatcher: Combined with pulseaudio breaks ALSA
>  #670740  speech-dispatcher: Prevents existing pulseaudio instance
> from working

correct that is the exact behavior

> Briefly to the mysql stuff: this time the 125 is the group id, not
> the user id.
> Have you confirmed that group id 29 belongs to group audio?

yep

mlaks@Rashi:~$ id
uid=1000(mlaks) gid=1000(mlaks) groups=1000(mlaks),20(dialout),24(cdrom),25(floppy),29(audio),40(src),44(video),46(plugdev),122(fuse)

So that seems to have solved it!

Thank you very much!!!!

Now   (you are really on the ball so I would love to ask you another question ...)
I will  start another thread
about a problem with my keyboard
It intermittently is typing unstopping repeated letters when I enter just one letter.

It is not a keyboard problem as it persists with a change to another keyboard.
Seems (perhaps) to have started with my switch to a new motherboard
with 6 multicore processer/ faster amd chip.

here are similar bug reports

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15055

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/39315

A friend suggested trying a USB keyboard instead of a ps2 one. Or putting a PS2->USB dongle in between.

I will try to substitute a usb keyboad to see, but it is very irritatting
and I am used to this keyboard for a while.

Any ideas?
I will start a new thread though.
Mitchell