Re: Finding a replacement for my ISP's smtp server

On Mon 28 Jul 2014 at 19:16:08 -0400, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> But they also are not in any violation of any RFC's.  No RFC says they
> have to provide port 25 connectivity to your system.

This is substantiated in RFC 5068

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5068

   This document offers no recommendation concerning the blocking of
   SMTP port 25 or similar practices for controlling abuse of the
   standard anonymous mail transfer port.  Rather, it pursues the
   mutually constructive benefit of using the official SUBMISSION port
   587 [RFC4409].