Ignoring the Release 'Valid_Until' option in the preseed file

Hi all,

I have just configured a preseed file to include a local repository.

# Debian mirrors
d-i apt-setup/local0/comment string local mirror
d-i apt-setup/local0/repository string http://<repo_url>
d-i apt-setup/local0/key string http://<repo_key>

The main issue I am facing here is that the repo is not added to the sources.list, as the Releases file expired some days ago, so I am not able to grab some packages I need.

I know there is this option which can be added to the apt.conf file:

Acquire::Check-Valid-Until "false"

which will ignore the fact that the Releases file expired some time ago. However, I really need a way to include this same option in the preseed file. For such purpose, I have been looking for possible solutions:

1. There is this german developer which seemed to be suffered from the same (https://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/2012/04/msg00382.html). Basically, he is suggested to try adding:

d-i apt-setup/check_valid_until boolean false

but I have tried that option, and it was not successful.

2. I thought about including something in the late_command stage to update the sources.list accordingly (i.e. executing

in-target echo <my_mirror_information> >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/custom.list
in-target apt-get -o Acquire::Check-Valid-Until="false" update
in-target apt-get upgrade

However, I do believe this is not the proper way of solving the issue, since there is an apt-setup section prepared to deal with these issues.

Is there any other solution which I can use in the preseed?

Thank you very much!

Alvaro