Re: [OT] Latest Jessie doesn't respond to /etc/default/tmpfs "RAMTMP=yes"

On Jul 29, 2014, at 2:05 AM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> Sure, it's a tmpfs, and the penalty for updating atime is probably much
> lower than any other conventional storage (though /tmp contents might
> end up being swapped), but is there any software that actually relies on
> atime for files in /tmp?

I didn't know that the default had been changed to "relatime".  I can see the logic, of course.  There certainly is no harm in specifying "strictatime" (and it's cheap) for tmpfs.  You're right that tmpfs may get swapped, but I think the metadata would be the last thing to be forced out to swap, since it's very frequently updated.

Enjoy!

Rick

PS: This is an interesting discussion, but it has wandered a bit OT.  So I added [OT] to the subject.