Re: Finding a replacement for my ISP's smtp server

On 2014-07-28, Paul Condon <pecondon1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have read that without TLS the email file, and my password are
> sent over the internet in the clear, un-encrypted, and that is
> 'clearly' a BAD THING.

True, but I would think (and here I have the enormous liberty that
comes from thinking in an almost total ignorance of the subject) that
the chances of your password being eavesdropped somewhere between you at
home and the remote mail server of your ISP (at some "node" on the
network? or sumthin'?) is remote.

No idea how it's done.

Still, I agree totally with you (my ISP uses SSL--I guess they're behind
the times).