Re: Finding a replacement for my ISP's smtp server

Ahoj,

Dňa Mon, 28 Jul 2014 09:35:39 -0600 Paul Condon <pecondon1@gmail.com>
napísal:

> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 01:37:57PM +0000, Curt wrote:
> > On 2014-07-28, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > (Piques my curiosity.)

> > > (Wondering what TLS has to do with strangeness in this case.)
>
> I have read that without TLS the email file, and my password are
> sent over the internet in the clear, un-encrypted, and that is
> 'clearly' a BAD THING.

Sure, you are right about unencrypted messages.

But ISP in my work (state-owned school, ISP provided by our government and
owned by the Deutsche Telekom) proxies the 25 port, which has a result
in removing the the STARTTLS advertising from our mail server and then
the STARTTLS fails. If mail provider doesn't provides the 587 port
(yes, it seems, that the Deutsche Telekom know nothing about them),
or (obsolete) 465 port there isn't another way how to send encrypted
emails.

regards

--
Slavko