Re: /var partition seems locked or read only

Le 25.07.2014 18:14, Bzzzz a écrit :
On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 17:58:15 +0200
berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

in computer. I really would like to find some resources explaining
the strong points of the partition systems over other...

There are plenty of benchmarks and comparisons on the web,
however, make sure what you read is recent (there was many
changes in many FS in the last years).

Sure, but, there are frequent problems with benchmarks:

_ a lot of them are biased (at least in programming world): I can remember some bench proving that python was faster than C++. Quite fun, especially when you took time to read the C++ code of the bench.
_ they often apply on very specific situations.
_ they regularly need a good understanding of each things tested to be useful.
_ And, of course, the web is full of deprecated informations.

I can remember having tried to read lot of bench about filesystems... I did not learned a lot, except that I was not skilled enough to understand the raw data and often the conclusion seemed biased to me, but this impression was maybe due to lacks of skills, too.

But remember it'll always be a compromise as no FS is
perfect (ZFS seems to be the closest to this definition,
though, but not for a laptop;)

This is obvious for me: something can only be almost perfect for a range of usages, not for everything.