Re: CD drive not showing up anymore

Ahoj,

Dňa Tue, 03 Dec 2013 10:38:00 +0100 Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> napísal:

> On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 10:31 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 10:23 +0100, Matthias Bodenbinder wrote:
> > > Can this be a dbus issue?
> >
> > MO it could, but as written off-list in German, udev might be the
> > culprit too. And for GNOME-like DE's such as Xfce, it should be the
> > task of gvfs, while for KDE it might be KIO.
>
> A security issue might be possible too, perhaps the kid family is
> broken, policy kit or whatever might have to do with it.

My daughter has similar problem. I investigated it remotely only, but
it seems, that the CD/DVD drive is not recognized at boot time. Then it
is not a DE's related problem. I cannot tell more yet.

--
Slavko
http://slavino.sk