Re: Having weird seqfaults

I found a couple of problem while reseating everything. The fan was making a slight noise, and I'm sure it was not moving as much air as it should. I replaced the fan. Could the segfaulting be caused by overheating? I thought when older CPUs overheated they just ran until the circuits melted (this is an AMD K6-2 450). More recent ones shutdown before damage can occur. But whatever occurs I thought happend to everything, there isn't any way an individual process could get terminated because they were causing an high usage leading to overheating, right?

On reboot I'm seeing a weird wavyness to the video. It was a littly wazy before, but I chalked that up to the insane 1920x1200 resolution the default settings were getting with an 8MB SIS AGP video card. I limited it to 1280x1024 by creating an xorg.conf file and the wavyness went away. But now it is much worse no matter what resolution I set it to.