Re: Shutdown computer after a specific command has been executed

Ralf Mardorf writes:
 > On Thu, 2013-12-12 at 15:33 +0100, Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:
 > > Sorry, it may ask if it has to preserve or not a configuration file
 > > modified locally when a new version arrives with the package.
 >
 > Good point, I don't use apt that often, because my "main" distro isn't
 > Debian. I guess there's an option to always confirm.

Indeed, and is -Y, but there are some cases where it's bad, i.e. when
the answer must be no :)

 > Btw. dist-upgrade
 > anyway might be better than upgrade.

Thank you for sending me back to the man page to check the real
meaning of dist-upgrade! I thought it was for hot distribution level
upgrade but it has also an use for normal software packet updating.

I thik I will stick to upgrade and accept to have some packet held
back. My work was not hindered by that, at least until now...

O.K. for work I use almost non-debian distributed software...

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO