firefox/iceweasel - (XFCE) large cursors overlap tooltips

On sid, XFCE (perhaps unrelated) and using iceweasel (appears to be
v24.1.0, but this happened with previous versions):

tooltip popups (eg showing the url behind links and images etc) is
consistently UNDER my (48 point) mouse cursor.

I move the mouse, to try to read the popup text and the popup disappears.

This has been occurring all this year.

I note that when I enable desktop icons (XFCE) for testing (just now),
the tooltip/popups are offset properly - they are not hidden by my
large cursor.

Happy to do other tests. Happy to file a bug if such is indicated.

TIA
Zenaan