Re: A rookie's query: Want to about Debian and the related

On Thu, 2013-11-28 at 21:13 +0530, AP wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 4:21 AM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The easiest, though not the only, solution is to use Gmail with an
> > email client via IMAP or POP3.  I use KMail.  I have clients using
> > Icedove (Thunderbird).
>
> So with KMail can we read the mails offline too? (Only the mails which
> have been read once online)....

With KMail, Evolution or any other MUA you can read all mails off-line.
IMAP/POP does download the mails to your machine. You can decide if you
want to delete the mails from the gmail server after downloading them or
not. At the moment I try to switch away from all GTK/GNOME related stuff
if possible, so I'm testing KMail. I still would recommend to use
Evolution. However, read the archive and you will see many posts from
Lisi whining about issues with mails posted to this list. You won't
experience that much issues when using Evolution.

2 Cents,
Ralf

OT PS: To get rid of all the Xfce issues I'm testing KDE at the moment,
but it does cause (the same issues + others)² :D. While I already solved
many of the Xfce issues, I still try to find out what are the culprits I
need to get rid off for KDE.