Re: Toshiba Satellite U940

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:19:32 +0100 ha sent:

> Anybody tried installing Debian on Toshiba Satellite U940?

Don't know anything about that Toshiba laptop. Just installed on a
C50d. No help to you especially if you want to make it a dual boot
system. Installed this as a native Debian.

Stayed with Wheezy [stable] because I haven't an Internet connection
that will allow me repeated upgrades for Jessie.

Trouble with the very touchy touchpad which was making me go crazy, so
dropped everything out of it except that it's as touchpad. I like it
like that. But it still does some scroll things I don't like when I
don't want them. A configuration in progress.

So it you want all the stuff like hibernation and such, I don't use it.

I have to use an Atheros wireless dongle if I want to use wireless.
Ethernet driver was fine after a bit of a hiccup.

Basic system, I don't need or want bells and whistles just that it does
everything I need.

So probably no help wrong Toshiba.

Charlie
    --
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will
	within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I
	do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often
	but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the
	rights of the individual. --Thomas Jefferson