Re: Setting up wordpress on wheezy using the debian packages?

I'd avoid the packages. Wordpress is basically a bunch of php scripts that get dumped inside a directory on your Apache server, plus some setup for your database. You're a lot safer just downloading the zip file and following the instructions. At least, that's how I've always had the best luck.

Miles Fidelman

Rick Thomas wrote:
Thanks, Sharon!

That's good advice if all I want is wordpress.  But I'm a sysadmin, and like to understand the details.  So, for the time being, I'd prefer to do it from scratch if I can.

If I succeed (with help from the list) I promise to write up the step-by-step procedure for the wiki, so the next person can benefit from our experience.

Thanks in advance!

Rick