Re: Why Debian

On 11/19/2013 03:49 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

When Ubuntu was new, they called me a troll when I said something about
Mark Shuttleworth, but all I said became true :). I'm satisfied ;).

<boink!> We shoulda had a V-8 juice! One thing is for certain, This User list is 1000% better than the Ubunutu user list. My congrats to all for maintaining intellectual integrity.

Mark kept threatening to shut down the email-based User list for some time. At least that is what the moderators kept telling us. Then when several of us old timers brought up the "lens" shopping thingie they told us that it was not a "technical issue". Some us figured/argued that it was indeed a technical issue, then the entire list became moderated.

So, after many veiled threats, I installed XFCE Debian and I couldn't be happier. Again, thanks to all involved. This list reminds me of the old Caldera User list, where we had some great minds who didn't shy from sharing what they know. Again, thanks. Ric

/https://linuxcounter.net/cert/44256.png /