Debugging segfaults in commercial software on Jessie

Hi,

I'm a bit at a loss here, maybe someone has an idea how to look.

We run a commercial software called IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) for
Backup purposes. It is quite an ugly beast, but it works just fine on
Wheezy.

When upgrading to Jessie, it produces a segfault on most systems

root@lxmhs70:~# dsmc q fi
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup-Archive Client Interface
  Client Version 6, Release 4, Level 0.7
  Client date/time: 11/19/2013 10:57:01
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2013. All Rights
Reserved.

Node Name: LXMHS70
Aborted

The weird thing is, my colleague running sid on his desktop has the same
problem. My desktop, running Jessie, does _not_ have the same problem.
The VM in question, also running Jessie, does have this problem.

I compared strace on both sides and there is no notable difference (more
filesystems on my desktop, but nothing extraordinary). Library versions
are the same. I adjusted environment variables to be the same, no
difference.

My colleague "fixed" it by using an older libc, using this method
(http://www.debian-administration.org/users/lee/weblog/30) and the
following packages

libc6_2.13-38_amd64.deb
libgcc1_4.7.2-5_amd64.deb
libstdc++6_4.7.2-5_amd64.deb
libtinfo5_5.9-10_amd64.deb

but as I said, it works for me just fine.

Does anyone have an idea how to debug this? I don't want to open a bug
report right now on either side because its commercial software on a
non-stable distribution version.

Best Regards,
Bernhard